Monday, September 18, 2006

Airport connections suck

So Fort Wayne doesn't like to upload pictures to my site.

Bastards.

Feeling belligerent today anyways.

Got to the airport on time. Have a great flight planned - cause I get to sit in the middle seat all the way to SF. WHEE...

This is gonna be a crazy week. Gotta get all the details in place for my big trip to China next week. I know I'm getting there the week before the big fall holiday - but what can I do? Just gotta start getting over there and getting things set up.

Have actually had a bit of a response to my ad in Beijing. Two candidates so far. Add my high school buddies friend and I got 3. Just gotta get someone and get started...

This week I gotta do a budget. Gotta get a visa. Gotta get another cell phone - or two. One that works in China that people in the states can call me on - and one that works in China that people in China can call me on... And then my phone - so I could carry three... :) And I'm not important enough to even carry one...

Really only had one day at home.

At church yesterday - my son sat in my lap for most of the service. He was really excited this weekend cause he lost his first upper front rabbit tooth. He's lost two other teeth - but none so prominent as this one.

In a gross turn of events - my wife was feeding them Taco Bell - and he took a bite of burrito - and lost it. But no one knew where it was - only that it was gone. They first thought the dog ate it - until my wife took another bite - and ended it with it in her mouth...

Ugh...

But my son is still very loving and loves to be held. He sat there with me - having thumb wars - tickling each other - and finally drawing - smiling up at me the whole time.

Somewhere along the line - he developed this habit of smiling and winking at people. Like he's some dirty old man in a 40's movie. Whenever you get really mad at him - he'll smile at you - wink and say something along the lines of "dad - I sure love you."

What a piece of work.

So tired last night that I ended up in bed with both kids watching extreme home makeover. I didn't even make it through the first hour before I passed out.

But I'm excited and ready to hit the week. Gotta get this budget up and running - even though I'm running blind. I know that they already turned in their budgets for international - but they told me they have no idea what things will cost. I told them effectively the same thing - that until I get over there and talk to people - it will be tough to know how much things will be. But they want me to estimate - which means that whatever I tell them - they will immediately say its too much and cut it by 25-50%. Sigh. It's the same game everywhere - except for where Blair Shawn and I started - and there it was - doesn't matter what you do - as long as it costs no more than $50,000. That was the threshold.

Here - it will be a lot more. A lot lot more.

So we shall see.

Gotta dig back into the script and get some writing done this week. But at least I'm in one spot for the whole trip.

And there's the call. Off to the plane.

Peace out...

1 Comments:

Blogger Seeds of Glass said...

So this commment should be posted a few entries back, but I just read about Bill's van(s) and now all my rooamtes are giving me the oddest looks as I chuckle madly to myself thinking back to my small glimpse into the soap-opera relationships that Bill has with rolling junk heaps.
Thanks

9:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home