Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Art Bitch


Get your ass back on the street, baby... It ain't quitting time yet...
What?!? You ain't done. Not till I said you're done.
Don't make me come over there and give you the what for...

So I started work yesterday. And yes, I sorta remember how to do it - deep in the recesses of the lizard part of my brain...And I remember why I didn't like it...But my wife really likes things like... Um... Light and water...She is so demanding...

Bill broke me in easy. We talked about what we were gonna do, we went to see X3 and then we had lunch. I told him this was no different than being a director so far... :)

I spent the rest of the day drawing and cutting out 2 foot by 2 foot foam dragons. We are building an ancient Babylonian palace... So go figure. The rest of the team comes in today. So I'll meet the other ho's and Bill will put us all out on the street...

I was dead tired last night - ready to sleep - when my brother in law called. He told me they had steak and wanted me to come by. I got to see his family and the new baby Ryan Anthony. After a bit of steak, we waxed poetically about Lost for half an hour. I told him the theme of the show was redemption and how every character needed it - and he spent 20 minutes shooting holes in my theory.

I'm still right... :)

X3 is worth the dollars. Definitely make sure you stay through the credits. Its really fun - the action is good - but the script is full of transitional scenes. Scenes that are there to get you from one place to another. Scenes where they talk about what just happened and then give you a throw away before they show you what's next. I thought there were some really groan inducing lines that I had a hard time believing would make it to a final draft of a script.

But the action was nice... Although, I really missed Nightcrawler... And they did have some really big balls about just taking people out. People you care about.

Probably my favorite moments were between Xavier and Magneto. It is really cool to have two best friends become enemies and still really care for each other - they just have different opinions on how things should work. The movie is worth it for those couple moments alone.

The new trailer for Superman was in front of this. It looks beautiful... But very very talky. No really big moments for me in the trailer. They have the plane thing - but the only thing that really stands out to me is Kevin Spacey - who looks like he is having tons of fun.

Tonight - if I can get off the streets for a second - I plan on working on my notes for the story. Got good stuff down driving here - just haven't had a second to get it into my outline. So tonight is for writing.

Much easier here when there is no TV. So I have no excuses.

Fun video of the day:

http://www.alldumb.com/item/29379/

No matter how bad things get - they could always be worse....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home