Tuesday, May 23, 2006

On the Road again....


And I find love is making music with my friends...

So while there were many years of traveling back and forth to Asia that I devoted myself to one particular Northwestern Airline. I pledged my undying love - and built a mountain of frequent flier miles. Alas - that love is no more.

My 8am flight that I left the house at 530 for was delayed - then canceled. The intercom system was out at the airport - and by the time we found out what was going on - because God forbid they send someone to the gate to tell all the people waiting for the flight - everything else was sold out and booked. I finally caught a 1230 flight to Cincinnati on Delta - and then fly backwards right over Indiana to MN - where I got in at 4. I was supposed to be here at 11.

In truth - it was not near my worst flight experience. Not even close. But it was my worst this year. And so it is with great sadness that I write off Northwest - because she has been good to me over the years.

SHOOTING:

We hit the ground running yesterday - seeing as how we lost a lot of time. Mostly B-roll type stuff that had us driving all over the Twin Cities - looking for the "shots" that make the city what it is.

Today is going to be a really really rough day. I didn't do myself any favors by staying up past 1am to watch both games. I about passed out during the Dallas game - but by the power of Greyskull they pulled it out and go on the next round. If only Cleveland would have been so lucky.

Today - I pop awake at 6 my time - which means 5 here. We are going 7-late... Close to midnight I would guess... So my lack of sleep does not bode well at all for me.

Had an interesting call with the mini-major. We were supposed to be having an in depth conversation about DOGSTAR - and I thought I would be here - driving around shooting when that happened. As it was - I was in the airport in Cincinnati - with about 500,000 PA announcements going on while they were on speakerphone trying to talk to me.

So it wasn't nice. Or productive.

They hadn't really figured out DOGSTAR's foreign value - and as such - they really needed to do that. So they are working on that now.

My producer friend was sick and not able to be on the call. When I finally got her - the first time we talked all weekend - she was still trying to get the "old director" as I like to call him now - to call STAR2 and see what we can salvage.

I know in my heart that this film is a complete reboot. We are gonna be going out from square one. But I am completely at peace about it.

So today is a big day. Lots of shooting. Lots of confusion. Little to no sleep.

You smell that? Slightly sulfuric like hellfire- with just a tinge of cotton candy?

Its the smell of Production.

And.......ACTION!

1 Comments:

Blogger YAJC said...

"TIME OUT!"


just the way the OR starts each procedure.... I have a second between cases - thought I would let you know I am the walkin' dead as well -

plenty of work & no sleep - wondrous combo.

* yawn

looking forward to hearing - "close it up, all set".. til then

12:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home