Saturday, March 18, 2006

sad, sad, pathetic...and sad

So we are still waiting. Almost a month later. After playing with our emotions, getting us all worked up, playing with promise - it looks as if we are still a fall start. The movie that looked like it was falling apart now has a new life - in a new country. So the Big Director is over there scouting for new locations... and this most likely pushes us back once again to a late fall start...

Waiting sucks big time.

I am so not the most patient person. I hate waiting. I hate being told to hold on. I would like to say that God has taught me patience during this whole ordeal - but I probably just learned to hide my feeling of anxiety and worry. Some days I feel as if I have it under control - but then others - it rears its ugly head and makes me almost immobile.

I have written another script since the first of the year. I have tried to set the unrealistic goal this year of writing four scripts. So I have one that is like at draft 1.5. My manager really likes it - but my agents have a ton of notes they want to give me. I was really hoping that this script my open a door to a payday - but it looks like they think there is more work to do. My writers group has some notes - but everyone seemed to really like it. I think my agents do too, but we shall see. They are spending the weekend reading it again - and making notes. I think its the kind of script that gets better with a second read - but most people won't do that... so who knows... :)

I am going to try to be more regular about posting... I really need to get into a discipline... and I really need to think about how I can make some money....

But God is good... I am so stinking lucky to be in this position - and I really hope that this is a good year... not another one full of waiting....

until then I will try not to be

sad, sad, pathetic... and sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home