Monday, February 20, 2006

done and over

Finished up that screenwriting class. Over.

Produced a series for Discovery. Over.

Punched out a draft of a script. Over.

Been waiting for three years to do my film. Get a call on Thurday that big actor has a hole in his schedule - and we might get bumped up.

Priceless....


I think I've figured out why people in the movie business get the big bucks... because harder than breaking in, harder than selling a script, harder even than getting a green light, harder than anything...

is to get your movie started shooting.

you can get a yes out of everyone - have everything ready to go - and still sit and wait for two to three years until all the stars align. It sucks. So if you are a producer - you have 7-8 projects all in the air - hoping that every now and then - one or two of them actually get up and running.

but if you are like me - you sits and wait and wait and wait and wait... and your family slowly staves and begs and whores and ....

well you get the picture....

For two years I have regaled people with my promise of "we should know more next week..." or " I should hear something soon" and for two years... nothing...

so this is the closest we have ever been...and I'm still not sure its that close...

But...

"I should hear something soon...."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home