Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Back in the PROC


Hit the ground yesterday about 3 China time.

Its grey and wet here. Still overcast and dark this morning.

Whole family is back - piling back into the apartment. They did great on the flight - way better than I would have at 7 - jammed in a tiny silver tube and told to sit still for 13 straight hours.

But they were restless getting off.

I crashed at 11 last night - and today I start back in on a month straight of trying to get things up and running for the end of the month.

We are somewhere in the middle of three different versions of three different shows - and they all are supposed to start airing September 1. Lots to do and not a lot of time.

I came to the realization that I have lived in China more than America for the last year.

But we are getting closer to the finish line. It keeps moving - but its the finish line nonetheless.

The movie is still moving forward. More great reviews of my producer's last movie are starting to hit the web. He's getting a lot of great offers - but he is still pushing my script - along with handfulls of others I'm sure. We have another company now that is very hot for it. The head guy reads it this week. And we still await news from our top choice. His management company asked a lot of questions last week - and we should be getting close to a decision.

I sent out a copy of this article on producing to my producing friends:

Here

Producing is like magic. As soon as you try to describe it - you've lost it.

My friend David responded with this:

"The one I normally use to answer the question, "What do you do as producer?" is:

I make of list of things to do and then do them."

To which Shawn responded:

"I tend to make a list of things to do and figure out how to get other people
to do them. Using as little money as possible."

Both are brilliant breakdowns of different types. Both are equally true to producing and life... :)



I'm still struggling through my next idea.

I did 10 pages one way - then took a character from those 10 and wrote another 10 - then took a scene from each of the two and started again. There's always something that pulls me in another direction. I guess the good news is that I'm writing. The bad news is I don't really know what.

But that is also the joy.

Out to face the grey...

2 Comments:

Blogger japhy99 said...

"I'm writing... [but] I don't really know what."

Sounds like you are exactly on track.

3:13 PM

 
Blogger wcdixon said...

Cool post...producing is so many things yet in some way nothing all at the same time.

5:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home