Thursday, June 14, 2007

We're putting the band back together!


Family is all here and accounted for.

(BTW - I'm the "big boned" one... )

Picked everyone up at the airport about 530 AM yesterday.

My son was so excited - he literally jumped every step. Not walked. Jumped.

I got them back here to the apartment - and my wife - dead exhausted - fell into bed. Traveling with two kids for 24 hours can do that to you.

I took the kids on a little tour. We had some hot passion fruit green tea at my favorite tea shop. We went and bought a couple more bootleg kids films. We went to the grocery store and got some Mango juice. And we checked out the health club in the hotel.

I asked my kids - if you could only do one thing while you're here in China - what would it be.

My daughter immediately said - The Great Wall!

My son said - Jaccuzzi!

Go figure. His colors bleed true...:)

I took my daughter to work with me and she watched our graphic artist do her magic - wiping out a zit on the chin of one of the actresses... She was quite impressed.

After work - they all crashed in the afternoon while I went down to the gym and worked out. Last night - we went for Chinese and drank a huge Coke - a no no in our house - and then did the very American thing of buying some memory cards for the PSP's.

We got back to the house and - at 10:00 at night - did what any good parent would do. Made a young man's China dream come true.

Jaccuzzi. And he couldn't have been happier.

China Day One. Go figure.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

sounds awesome!!! email your sister..... big fun with the dogs ! they love each other:)

8:09 AM

 
Blogger japhy99 said...

Wow, they have a jaccuzzi at the Great Wall? Amazing. I hear there's one atop the Statue of Liberty now, too.

So good to hear they got there safely and that you're back together. Enjoy~~

9:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home