Monday, February 26, 2007

Do you know....


Where you're going to....?

I don't.

Stayed up to watch the awards last night. Kinda fun. Loved Will and Jack's little musical number. Loved Eastwood and Morricone. Loved Scorcese.

Didn't at all love waking up 3 hours later to drive to the airport.

Tons to do this week. As usual - it doesn't stop.

But with that -

I've been asked to A.D. a big commercial in Shanghai for a major car brand. The production company was looking at me to partner up on some big spots coming down the pike. They asked me for some names of AD's I might suggest - and I told them that they needed to be careful - because AD's in China are not like AD's in the States - and I said - believe me - cause I have experience. Meaning - working with bad AD's in China.

They took that to mean that I had experience as an AD. And offered me the job.

Not that I couldn't do it. While I've always worked with an AD - coming from the East Coast and doing things on the cheap - I usually AD myself. Working for Discovery and trying to do 11 pages a day - you learn how to use your time and move quickly through a scene.

So yeah. I could do it. That's not to mean its to be done.

(Sorry. Had to board the plane. Now - yesterday becomes today and I finish this post on Tuesday morning....)

I've been approached about a film in China as well. The people involved seem really great... but thanks to email - there is a series of confusions that have left us in a weird place. But whatever.

I am staring down the barrell of a month long trip over to China. Starting next week. Thank God - my wife will come over for a couple of the weeks. We've been married forever - and the only time we've both been apart from the kids is for 3 days at a bed and breakfast a few anniversaries ago. This will be crazy - even if she is so tired all she can do is sleep all day and stay up all night...

Because this is the last week in the office - things are crazy. I'm trying desperately to get my creative done - concepting, scripting - for my second meeting next week with my big star. Too much to do and no time.

On a happy note: Do you like music?

AMY WINEHOUSE - oh my gosh - I can't stop listening to this girl. English girl with a biting wit and a dirty mouth that sings like one of the Supremes. Both of her CD's are incredible....Do yourself a favor and get them. Watch a video of her on youtube... Rehab is the song of choice right now for those in the know...:)

ARCADE FIRE - their new one is out? or coming out? either way - its great.


And to remember why we are all writers:

http://www.newyorker.com/critics/atlarge/articles/070305crat_atlarge_denby?page=2

Incredible story on fractured narrative. This is the kind of thing I like to write - only because I like the Chinese Puzzle Box story.

Back to the grind.

5 Comments:

Blogger japhy99 said...

Congrats on all the work being thrown at youi -- and that's not by accident.

Yes, I love Amy Winehouse -- good choice.

Glad to hear your better half's gonna join you. Next time, the kids, too, over the summer.

10:48 AM

 
Blogger glassblowerscat said...

Seriously, you're going to be busy. Stay sane. And also, grab yourself a bunch of directing jobs (since people are offering), and quit this informercial business!

See how I solve all your problems?

10:54 AM

 
Blogger wcdixon said...

Congrats...and thanks for the New Yorker article - very interesting stuff.

12:02 PM

 
Blogger Heidi said...

Thanks for the Amy recommend. I am in love with the new Arcade Fire. And Lily Allen another sharp-tongued brit. Rock on with the job offers!

12:15 PM

 
Blogger Shawn said...

ha!!!! i beat you to amy winehouse...i picked both her albums up while in the UK over the holidays...

of course laurie wanted to throw it away after seeing title "fuck me pumps" on the new cd.

on the 28th - i managed to see half of The Killers concert here in Dublin. they were really good - so i'll have to let you listen to their stuff (if you don't have it already).

international i see a damn pro active commercial every 5 minutes it seems.

crazy.

12:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home