Sunday, March 25, 2007

Off to the races


So this is day one.

We spent the morning at the Great Wall yesterday - doing at least one touristy thing before Ivy leaves. She takes off Wednesday morning - having been here a total of two weeks and a day. Man. It is and was incredible. We haven't been together this much since before the kids. While I love the kids... I highly recommend spending time with your wife.

The Great Wall is... well... Great... I guess. You walk a lot. Uphill - then down hill. And some of the steepest steps ever. The place we went is an hour plus outside of Beijing and is the most touristy of the Wall sites. Most of it has been rebuilt and probably all the remains of the original is the location.

Crazy thing is - the wall was originally over 3400 miles long. That's all of America long. How silly is that?

Ivy was so happy to be outside and in such a good mood she was acting crazy all day. Making jokes. Posing Ting in weird pictures. I swear she must have shot at least 60 pictures. Victoria said - wow... you wife is kind of a ham. Anyone who knows Ivy would never - ever describe her that way - so that give you an idea of the type of mood she was in.

We had a nice time.

Afterwards - it was back to work as we hit the studio and saw the shape of the sets.

Everything is still coming along - but I can still see that glimmer of panic in Victoria's eyes as she looks at our "junior high school production." It's hard to go from the big budget world of US commercials to the tightly restricted budget world of China. But in the end - our stuff will look hot.

I hope.

I think.

We shall see.

She give me enough anxiety that I woke up at 2 today.

We are doing our prelight this morning - so we leave here at 8 for a 9:00 call at the studio - and Annie doesn't arrive till 11 to be ready for a 1:00 start time. And then we shoot till 11 tonight - probably not leaving till midnight and getting home about 1. So it's gonna be long.

But it should be good.

I hope.

I think.

We shall see.

Gonna be burning lots of film today. Lots and lots of it... :)

Wish me luck.

Just got an email from the guy who tried to ruin me a couple weeks ago. He was wishing me luck with the shoot.

Thankfully - he has a meeting in the States and can't be here.

But he will be missed.

.....:)

2 Comments:

Blogger glassblowerscat said...

Good luck! It's going to be spectabulous.

9:14 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

if i could bs as much as you have to do in your job maybe id be divorced by now... maybe not, any way looks like im bifricating(sp) sorry your missing this...or not :)just trying to update you and im feeling better.. come on some one in the fam needs to make the big bucks:)I pray for you every sec and love ya much!

1:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home