Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Let me out.


Does this not look like Puss in Boots in Shrek when he does his begging face?

Yesterday is in the past.

It went well. Especially compared to Day One - which went OK to not OK - depending.

Annie was tired and a bit grumpy yesterday - but was professional as always. She soldiered on through all the copy and did great at the other two set ups.

My knee is holding out - but I still have four more days to see if it can make it all the way.

John, my DP, is doing good - but even he grew a bit frustrated yesterday with the changes.

Bill - the art director - is trying to hang in there. He is sickened by all things celebrity and really can barely stand to be on set with them. Or anyone else for that matter. Maybe just can't stand me... I can understand that...

Ivy left today. She stayed up all night, packing and repacking - and cutting an article out of every newspaper that's come to our room since I first got here to make a scrapbook for my dad...

I loved having her here and the last two weeks went so fast... She is incredible. It was so nice to have her on set. I can't remember the last time she was there when I was working - except for when she'd be acting or modeling.

In a great reversal- Ting was sitting with me going over my way of asking questions for Annie's interview in Chinese. I've been a bit sensitive about my language abilities since my character assasination of a couple weeks ago.

I was kind of trying to duck out of doing the interview - and my SF producer went a bit crazy - telling me I had to do it. I've been doing interviews for 10 years - thousands - but talking specifics about skin care in Chinese is not my thing - and I thought one of my Chinese partners might do a better job.

But SF producer insisted - and so I was sitting with Ting going over how I would ask the questions and if it sounded right. She was very encouraging and had some nice things to say and I got a little choked up.

Must be all the dust here.

Just one more day and we are done with Annie. Then - only three more days to go. Then- only two sets of shows to cut.

Then - who knows.

One day at a time.

2 Comments:

Blogger glassblowerscat said...

That is the saddest-looking little kitty in the whole world. I made very girly noises when I saw it.

7:17 PM

 
Blogger japhy99 said...

Glad you and Ivy had a good time.

Isn't there some local unguent -- say tiger semen and cobra bile -- that you could put on that knee to carry you through?

10:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home